It’s been a while since I’ve posted… Back in October, just one day before I was to move, my computer broke. It took forever to get it fixed and then I couldn’t seem to get internet access. So, I have spent most of 2011 trying to play ‘catch-up’ with everything internet-related; in addition to everything else in my day.
So, when I read Linda’s post over at Prairie Flower Farm I thought it would be a good opportunity to get started again. Linda asked a series of five questions to help her readers get to know each other a little better. Here are her questions with my answers:
1. Would you rather be knitting, crocheting, hand stitching doing embroidery, sewing using your sewing machine or all of the above? I think I would prefer to be using my sewing machine as I am not really very good at the others. In fact, just today I was unpacking and arranging my patterns and fabric. I got an itch to begin working on some sewing projects. I know my daughter is waiting for a skirt or two, as is her doll…
2. Do you have any kind of crafty or sewing thing that you are working on now? My biggest project right now is making my house a home for my family. Then I will begin working on some cards and the above-mentioned sewing projects.
3. Do you like to cook from scratch or do you use prepared food? I prefer to cook from scratch. We decided a while ago that we wanted a healthier life style and eliminated artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives. We also have a lot of food allergies, so it just makes sense to prepare everything from scratch and really know what’s in it. Unfortunately lately, I have not been as creative as I usually am because my health has made it a bit difficult. I have trouble doing many things that baking requires, so I have had to keep it at a minimum for a bit. I am praying that will change soon.
4. Will you have a garden this next summer……what will you grow and will you start your own seeds? I hope to have a garden this year. We moved to a place that does have a little land and our landlord gave us permission to have as big of a garden as we wanted. However, we may not be able to do all that we want. We don’t know anyone with any farming equipment and we’d have to start from scratch by digging up all the grass. We just might not be able to handle it this year. Though, I will at least get some things in pots, if nothing else. I guess I should get started with some seeds soon.
5. Do you live in the city or on a farm which would you rather if you could? Neither. We live near a small town but do live on about a half an acre and are about an hour from the major city near us. We do have a big town about a half hour away. All that said, I would prefer to live on at least a farmette. I’m not sure how I would do with a lot of animals, but I would like a larger garden plot, some chickens and maybe some goats.
Hop on over to Linda’s to get to know some wonderful ladies – thanks, Linda!