My name is Heather. I am a Catholic Christian retired homeschooling mother. I love my Lord Jesus and my family. My children include my son, LegoFan, and my daughter, Diva.
LegoFan has graduated from high school and is now known as AgentSecret24. He attended one semester of community college and is now awaiting his sister’s graduation so they can go to the same college. He has his own YouTube Channel: AgentSecret24 and is composing music on Bandcamp. If you like his videos, please subscribe and hit the bell for notifications. If you like his music, please consider following him and buying his music.
Diva has become quite the accomplished vocalist and actress. She has been a Cantor at church since she was 13, and has been selected to participate in two adult choirs for major events within the Archdiocese of Baltimore; one of them a national convention. She started her acting career as Flower #4 in a community theatre production, and the acting bug struck! She has gone on in high school to play:
- Fan & a Cratchit Kid (A Christmas Carol),
- Marta Von Trapp (Sound of Music),
- Lorraine Sheldon (The Man Who Came to Dinner),
- Annie (Annie),
- Crystal Allen (The Women),
- Glinda (Wizard of Oz),
- Abby Brewster (Arsenic & Old Lace),
- Belle (Beauty & the Beast)
If you’re interested in seeing her talents, you can check out my YouTube Channel.
And me… I retired from homeschooling when they reached high school. I had intended to homeschool all the way through, but with Diva’s talents emerging, I just couldn’t provide her with the vocal and acting instruction she needed. So I put them in private high school and had to figure out how to earn more money to pay for it. I joined some Direct Sales companies and became a Virtual Assistant. I’ve added Mystery Shopping and Affiliate Marketing to my repertoire. Now that they are both headed to college, I need to increase them all in order to cover those tuition bills!
But now I’ve been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Please see my posts on this as I chronicle my experiences so that others can learn; improving their own situation or those of people they love.
Thank you for reading; and thank you, in advance, for your loving comments and your purchases that help my family. Any purchases you make through my affiliate links or direct sales companies will go towards my cancer costs and my kids’ college tuition.
God Bless you!
All comments are moderated and subject to the following:
1. You are 100% responsible for your comment.
2. You “Hold Harmless” anyone who writes for this blog. That means you hold all writers here on Insane Amount harmless of any and all repercussions, damages, and liabilities.
3. I reserve the right to moderate, delete, or change any content within a comment as I see fit, at any time, for any reason. I rarely have to do this, and it is my desire to keep comments as they were originally written. When I do moderate and/or change a comment I will make note of it within the comment itself.
4. If you are including a URL, please use one that you control specifically.
5. Linkbacks are considered comments and will be treated as such.
6. Please use good taste in the content of your comment as well as your word choice.
7. No personal attacks or foul language of any kind will be allowed!
8. My goal is to create exceptional content through my blog posts as well as to create a community that shares exceptional content via comments.
9. Please limit the number of links in your comment and do not include affiliate links.
10. As a busy mother, I cannot guarantee that I will always respond to your comment.
11. By commenting, you grant me license to use your comment in blog posts, written material, and any other form of publishing.
12. The duplication of articles, photos, or blog entries without the express written consent of myself (and other author, if necessary) are strictly prohibited.
I love and appreciate comments! I’d like to do as much as possible can to create community and conversation.
Regarding affiliate links…
I use affiliates on this site. Clicking on them will not increase your cost in any way. However, they will generate a small commission for me and my family. By using my affiliate links, you are helping me to continue to raise my children through college and beyond! Thank you.
Heather — thank you for your follow and kind words!
Eager to get to know you. Love your honesty!
Really great blog, Heather! I’ll be following you on a regular basis. I found out about your website through your comments on Twitter regarding veiling. I will be publishing a blog post about the subject on Monday. Perhaps you might be willing to discuss more about it with me? Thanks for considering!