I finished up the Thrive90 program a little over a week ago; and would have had my results posted earlier but Hurricane Irene blew through and we had no power. So, it took a few extra days to get the stats and photos ready. Not only that, our homeschool started up again and we’ve been a little busy.
Without further adieu…
Here are the results from the end of Phase II to the end of Phase III.
- I lost another 3 pounds,
- My waist was smaller by 1.25″,
- My hips declined by 0.5″,
- I saw 0.5″ less of my thigh,
- My arm shrunk by 0.25″,
- I doubled my pushups from 1 to 2 (laughable, I know),
- My situps increased from 7 to 12,
- Sit & Reach test for flexibility showed an increase of another 0.5″,
- Wall Squat went from 15 seconds to 25,
- I actually held the Static Plank for a full 60 seconds!
Ok, now for the overall results – from start to finish:
- Total pounds lost: 8.6
- Total inches gone from my waist: 3.0
- Total inches gone from my hips: 2.5
- Total inches gone from my thigh: 2.0
- Total inches gone from my arm: 1.25
- Total inches gone from my body: 8.75!!!
- My pushups went from a pathetic ZERO to 2
- My situps went from a pathetic ZERO to 12
- My flexibility increased from 3″ to 7″
- My Wall Squat started out at 4 seconds and increased to 25 seconds!
- My Static Plank started out at 35 seconds and increased to 60 seconds!
One other stat that’s not on my fit test, but that I found significant was that I am now wearing one size smaller than when I began the Thrive90 program. Not only that, but it’s getting a little loose now – it won’t be long…
My final thoughts:
While I did not suddenly start enjoying working out, I did find that once I started each workout, I was fully engaged. I worked hard, no matter what the day’s video was.
The program is flexible. I was able to find a way to work out even with a sprained ankle that negatively effected me for three weeks (which explains my lower numbers for the end of Phase II).
There was a lot of variety within the workouts. Even though I was scheduled to do the same type of activity each week (ie. Tuesday was always Core work), the work out changed with each phase. In addition, there were a variety of workouts for each week: Core, HIIT, Strength, Cardio, Power Yoga. My entire body got a workout each and every day.
Tony and Dustin provided much support and cheerleading. I received encouraging emails each week – in fact, I miss those now that I’m done. They answered any question that I had within 24-48 hours. I also found support on the Fit Marriage Facebook page. These guys truly want to help people reach their goals!
Doing Thrive90 at home really helped me. I didn’t have to get in my car to go to the gym. I didn’t waste gasoline or time. I didn’t have to worry about whether or not I could do the exercises as well as other people – I could stop and start, if necessary. My kids were right there with me (cheering me on as well!); they did not have to go to daycare. The price was right – for what I paid (around the price of a one month membership to the gym), I got three months of workouts that I will always own and can do anytime I wish. But I got more than videos; I got support, a fit test, exercise forms, articles, and more. It was well worth it!
Finally, I want to give a shout out to both Tony and Dustin, co-creators of Thrive90: You guys are amazing and you put together a great program! I thank you for helping me get started on my weight loss journey. I thank you for the support you have given me. I started this program “from the couch” and was able to complete it. You taught me some things I didn’t know and helped me to look and feel better. I will not forget this time, nor will I stop exercising. I will eventually move on to P90X!
Now to prove that I have not been making these numbers up, I am going to be brave and post photos. Please keep in mind that I was considered obese when I started, and Thrive90 is a three month program; so I am not going to look like I went from fat to thin. But what you will see is a definite difference – a definite improvement. It worked for me; it can work for you. If you have thought about a weight loss program, this may be the one for you. (Note: I am not a doctor and am not advising anyone to start a fitness program without consulting their physician first). Remember, I started “from the couch,” meaning that I had not exercised in ages. I spent my nights on the couch looking at the computer – it was not a pretty sight.
Am I stalling, you ask? Ok, so I’m babbling a bit too much. Please ignore the hair, it’s usually brushed and styled a little nicer. Here are those photos now…
I see a vast difference in my face; but I also see space between my arms and my hips that wasn’t there when I started. Thank you, Dustin and Tony!
* This is not a paid endorsement. I purchased the Thrive90 program from Fit Marriage. I did all the workouts provided and followed their schedule – these are my actual results and my own opinions. Some of the links are affiliate links as I truly believe in this product.