Masking Challenge

This is my first time posting a card that I have made, so I am a little nervous. I am posting this in response to Lolly Chops, who issued a masking challenge after her latest tutorial for Prima Marketing. In this tutorial, Lolly used a Prima mask to decorate her tussie mussie and she challenged those of us watching to make something using a mask.

Since I didn’t have the type of mask she used, I did some more traditional masking using a rubber stamp.

I stamped the center jar first. Then I stamped the same image onto a scrap piece of paper and cut it out…

I placed this mask over the center jar and then stamped the image on the right and on the left. You can actually see where I stamped them on the mask itself. The masking allows the viewer to see the jars as if the center jar was in front of the other two.

After the images were stamped, I colored  each jar in with copper ink. Using a ruler, I drew a rectangle around the image and then stamped my sentiment. This focal image was backed with colored card stock and then adhered to a white card base. The stamps and card stock are from Papertrey Ink – the jars are from their Asian Fusion set.

As this is my first time, please feel free to offer constructive advice on how I can improve on things in the future. Thanks for looking!

UPDATED to add: I won this challenge in a random drawing – thanks, Lolly!