June Projects

I have three other projects I’ve been working on this month. Now I didn’t take step-by-step pictures of each of them, but I did want to share them.

The first project includes a few notebooks. I always stock up on the composition books at the back-to-school sales during the summer. In fact, if you like this simple project, keep it in mind when they start to go on sale. I picked up a bunch of them on clearance at Target last year after school started – I got them for $0.10 each! This takes a plain notebook and makes it pretty (or masculine);  and it can be used for a variety of reasons.

I even did the insides for a more polished look…

I’ve done these two different ways. If you look at the book on the left of the second picture, you can see that its corners are square; while the other two are the exact shape of the composition book (rounded corners). For the square corner, I just wrapped the cover like a gift box, with the ends folding over to the inside cover. Then I added a second piece of paper on the inside to cover up the ends.

For the rounded corners, I traced the cover on the reverse side of the paper, and adhered one on each cover. The most important thing to remember with this method is to measure each cover, each time. For some reason, these covers are not the same on each book.

I purposely chose not to decorate these covers any further as I really like the patterns on the DCWV papers. The middle one I made for LegoFan and he’s a no-frills kinda guy. The masculine stripes were perfect for him. The one on the right is for Diva. The paper I used on that one is from the Glitter Stack and that’s all she needs! It’s colorful, textural, and glittery – perfect for my Diva. BUT, you could embellish them a little to include a label for a title page, stickers for decorations, or another piece of paper for the owner’s name.

My next project is a card. I took three papers from DCWV’s Pocket full of Posies stack and criss-crossed strips of them in the upper left-hand corner. On each strip, I cut out a notch so that it looked like a banner. I like how the three papers compliment each other.

For the sentiment, I used Papertrey Ink’s Year of the Flowers: Daffodils stamp set, and stamped the ‘celebrate’ in a coordinating blue ink. On the inside, I used a  saying from Papertrey’s Daydreamer set. It seemed perfect for my niece’s graduation. I stamped that in a coordinating red ink.

My last project is a scrapbook layout. I took two pictures from my brother’s wedding, along with DCWV’s Black Currant stack, and made him a page. Well, it’s not really for him; it’s for me. I chose colors that matched those in the wedding, and it’s definitely more on the feminine side. I did start with the grey background because, while it’s a shade of black, I thought it made my brother’s tux stand out a little more than a black background would. I mounted the two photos on a sparkly pink that matched the bridesmaids’ dresses.

Then I used three dies from Papertrey Ink: the two rectangles where I’ve written their names and wedding date come from the Angled Labels Die Collection; and the top & bottom border pieces were cut with Victorian Lace Border Die. Then I added a few embellishments with a Prima Flower near the center, but not the exact center; and some pink jewels on the rectangles. I really like the way it turned out. But more than that, I love the picture on the left. I love the way they are looking at each other. That’s what makes this page really beautiful!

So, that’s it for now. One of my commenters – I think it was Heather from California – encouraged me to show more of my paper crafts the last time I shared a piece; and now I intend to share more. I hope you see something you like. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comments.

One comment

Leave a Reply